TIDEWATER DRILLERS SCHOLARSHIP
The Tidewater Drillers provides grants to students accepted to an accredited college or university that were members of the organization during their elementary, middle and/or high school years for a minimum of two full seasons.
Funds for the Drillers Scholarship are raised at our annual golf tournament in October.
Grants are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Length of service – number of years as a Driller
- Value to the organization on and off the field
- High school grade point average
- Extracurricular activities
All grants are for one year. Applicants may reapply for the number of years the player was active as a Driller, up to a maximum of 4 years.
To apply for a scholarship, new applicants must submit an essay/letter of request. Applicants may submit letter of recommendation and/or other documentation.
New applicant essay/letter of request must include the following:
- State the number of years and age divisions you played as a Driller and positions played on the field
- State “what you have gained by being a Driller”
- State your goals for college
Renewed letters of request should include:
- Academic accomplishments in college (grade point average)
- Athletic involvement in college, if any (intercollegiate, intramural, etc)
- Extracurricular activities while in college
- Any continued involvement in the Driller Organization
The Tidewater Drillers Board of Directors reviews and awards all financial aid grants.
Deadline to apply for a grant is June 15th. Grant winners will be informed of their grant by June 30th.
Submit applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line -“Tidewater Drillers Scholarship Application “or mail to Driller Nation 2241 Russet Leaf Lane Virginia Beach, VA 23456.